from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- The Alberta Library (TAL) update
- Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute Inc. (CTRI) free resources
- Mental Health Commission of Canada/Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction (MHCC/CCSA) infographic
- A new section of resources is being created on
the TAL website for material to
support post COVID-19 planning; more information will be shared soon.
- In response to a member query: It is an
individual library decision whether or not you issue TAL cards during this time
of restricted service. Your resource sharing obligations as a TAL member are
waived until we all resume normal service.
- Information will be sent out this week for
licensing software to support online reference services.
- Contact us
if there are any other ways that TAL can support you during this time.
CTRI free resources
- Stress Reduction Exercises: Guided exercises for adults
and children for managing stress and anxiety through mindful awareness,
breathing, and simple movements (3-8 minute audio recordings).
- Anxiety – Practical Intervention Strategies: explores
practical and accessible strategies which can be applied to all ages, and help
address the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social aspects of anxiety (4.5 hour on-demand
- MHCC/CCSA created an infographic (attached) to
help those coping with stress, anxiety and substance use during the pandemic.
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter
and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca