from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- YRL Coffee Chat reminder
- Extensions for due dates and patrons
- Libraries Reimagined
- World Tales Short Story Competition
YRL Coffee Chat
- Please join us for the YRL Coffee Chat tomorrow starting at 1:30 p.m. Registration is not required, just click this link to participate.
NOTE: There is currently a maximum of 26
participants that are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Extensions for due dates and
dates for items Out: This
will be done for all items, excluding digital titles, regardless of when
they were checked out. Item checkouts will be extended until July 31, 2020. TRAC
understands that some libraries have been checking out items during the broader
closure; however, with more than 200,000 items currently Out, this must be done
for all items in one go.
with Being Held: Status will be extended until July 31, 2020.
- Patrons with expiration dates in May 2020:
These will be extended through until July 31, 2020. If this concerns
you, please contact Stephanie as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Libraries Reimagined is a special public radio
series examining the role of libraries as a fundamental resource for democracy
where you’ll hear from librarians in the field, library patrons, and authors
and experts including bestselling author and sociologist Eric Klinenberg.
You can share the four-part
series online and there is promotional
artwork available in a variety of digital formats.
World Tales Short Story Competition
- With the aim to foster imagination, resourcefulness and ingenuity, UNESCO and the Idries Shah Foundation launched the World Tales Short Story Competition in close collaboration with the International Coalition of Inclusive and Sustainable Cities of UNESCO. Using the theme Once upon a time in my future, young teenagers from all over the globe are invited to write about challenges of today and tomorrow and share their perspectives in a short story format. Submissions are accepted until May 31, 2020.
You can follow YRL
on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities