from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- Let Me Out! Designing and Implementing Digital Escape Rooms webinar
- Best Practices: Managing Remote Workers Cheat Sheet
- COVID-19 Impact on Mental Health Pulse Check Survey
- Dealing with uncertainty and anxiety during these times
Let Me Out! Designing and
Implementing Digital Escape Rooms webinar
- Thursday, May 14, 11:00-11:45 a.m.: With many libraries adapting programs for virtual environments due to the pandemic, one unexpected contender has emerged: the digital escape room. Join Hailey McCullough, Head of Adult Services at Grande Prairie Public Library, as she discusses and demonstrates the steps for creating a digital escape room of your own using Google Forms. Register
Best Practices: Managing Remote Workers Cheat Sheet
- If you
are managing staff working remotely, the attached HRdownloads cheat sheet
offers tips on how to ensure your remote workforce remains:
- Engaged and connected;
- Remaining safe and healthy;
- Adhering to workplace policies;
- Focusing on fulfilling objectives, not simple “make-work” activities; and
- Continuing to develop and learn.
COVID-19 Impact on Mental Health
Pulse Check Survey
- The Conference Board of Canada, Mental Health Commission of Canada and Workplace Safety & Prevention Services developed this short 5-minute survey designed to provide a snapshot of the current state of Canadians’ mental health, the coping strategies that people are using and perceived assessment of how they are working.
- “Complete the survey and share it with your teams and professional colleagues. Aggregate results will be available at the end of May. Not only will this serve us as we move through the next few months, it will provide vital insight to assist with planning and decision making in the future.”
Dealing with uncertainty and
anxiety during these times
- When events are unpredictable, anxiety can
increase. Here are some helpful tips from the
Centre for Creative Leadership to aid you during those anxious moments.
You can follow YRL on Facebook
and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities