This update includes information on:
- Reminder: Equity, Diversity, Inclusion Webinar
- Cloudlibrary update
- Washable keyboards and mice
- Webinar: Health and Safety 101: COVID-19 Pandemic Edition
- Article: Is your mind’s forecast hot and hazy?
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in Libraries: A Conversation webinar reminder
- TOMORROW Tuesday, August 11, 1:30 p.m.: Libraries have important work to do centering equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in our spaces and services. But what does that look like for your library and in your community? Join Laina Kelly (Librarian, Library Development Services, YRL) and Laura Winton (Director, Bibliothèque de Beaumont Library) in this 60-minute round-table discussion about EDI in library management and service, that will be centered around two prerequisite readings (with discussion questions). Register.
You and/or your patrons may have noticed that CloudLibrary has been having some recurrent performance issues over the past 10 days. Currently, there are intermittent outages with authentication via the app and website. It should, however, not prevent you from checking out and downloading CloudLibrary titles via TRACpac. This is affecting all their customers and they have been working diligently for a resolution. We thank you for your patience.
Washable keyboards and mice order
We had great response to our initial bulk purchase of high-quality, sealable, waterproof, dishwasher-safe keyboards and/or mice for libraries in May. If you missed out, or would like to order more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of quantities by Monday, August 17.
- Seal Shield Silver Seal TM Waterproof Keyboard, Black, SSKSV207 – $115.99 View keyboard
- Seal Shield Silver Storm TM Waterproof Mouse, Corded, Black, STM042 – $83.49 View mouse
NOTE: Disregard keyboard and mouse list prices shown online – it’s USD from a different supplier.
Webinar: Health and Safety 101 – COVID-19 Pandemic Edition
- Most of Canada has controlled cases of COVID-19 enough to reopen services, but reopening isn’t an excuse to lessen precautions. Employers still have questions about how to get things ‘right’, and how to support employees and members of the public.
- This webinar includes best practice advice to help all Canadian employers to manage their health and safety concerns during this latest stage of the pandemic. Topics include: how to keep employees safe; what if employees and customers refuse to wear masks; can employees refuse unsafe work due to COVID-19?
- When: Thursday, August 20, 2020
- Time: 12:00 pm (2pm Eastern)
- Link to register is here: : https://offers.hrdownloads.com/webinar-health-and-safety-101-covid-19-pandemic-edition
Article: Is Your Mind’s Forecast ‘Hot And Hazy’? Try A Mindfulness Cooler
- Building on the themes of resilience, this brief article from the Institute of Mindful Leadership provides ideas when our to-do lists get too long, when we feel pulled in too many directions – and nothing seems to get done.
- The Institute for Mindful Leadership is a non-profit organization dedicated to training and supporting leaders and the cultivation of leadership excellence through mindfulness. You can learn more here.
I hope you have a fantastic week!
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities