Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- Relais staff training webinars next week
- Community Initiatives Program (CIP) Project-Based grant program
- Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Project webinar recording
- Future Skills Centre podcast series
Relais staff training webinars next week
- The new provincial interlibrary loan (ILL) system will be going live this fall! To ensure you and your staff are ready for it, attend one of next week’s Welcome to Alberta Relais: a new ILL experience webinars.
- Tuesday, August 18, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Register
- Friday, August 21, 10:00-11:00 a.m. Register
- If you are unable to make a live event, the session recordings and documentation will be posted on the YRL Staff Training Academy in late August.
CIP Project-Based grant program
- The provincial government announced the reopening of the CIP Project-Based grant program; the maximum funding available is $75,000, on a matching basis. Apply to the September 15 intake (for notification in March 2021) for funding that focuses on events, festivals, programs and projects delivered in innovative and creative ways that align with public health measures, and which aim to foster healthy and vibrant communities across Alberta. The re-opening of the CIP Project-Based grant program will support non-profits in their work to rebuild social connections in Alberta’s communities and support Alberta’s recovery.
REALM Project webinar recording
- The 90-minute REALM Project webinar recording is now available, along with the slides, chat and related links. Learn about the testing process, how to present the results to stakeholders, project resources to inform local decisions, and what to expect from the REALM project in the months to come.
Future Skills Centre podcast series
- The Future Skills Centre podcast, presented by The Conference Board of Canada, will explore some of the most crucial emerging challenges to the future of work. Launching Monday, August 17, each episode will unpack unique issues facing the Canadian labour market and hear from varying perspectives – such as community members, decision-makers and thought leaders – to discuss solutions and paths forward. Listen to the 90-second trailer.
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Thank you and have a great weekend!
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities