Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- YRL Coffee Chat reminder
- Summer Reading Club (SRC) 2020 survey
- Young Canada Works (YCW) program changes
- Recent changes to Employment Standards
- Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Project update: Round three test results
YRL Coffee Chat reminder
- Thursday, August 20, 1:30 p.m. Join us for our weekly coffee chat.
SRC 2020 survey
- YRL is inviting our member libraries to fill out the SRC 2020 survey to capture the unique work and how you’ve reached patrons during this time. This information will help us share and promote the services you continued to provide this summer despite the many challenges of COVID-19. Please share this survey with staff who gathered program statistics during SRC, such as program attendance and social media reach.
YCW program changes
- Please refer to the attached Canadian Council of Archives message for new developments to the YCW program for libraries.
Recent changes to Employment Standards
- The Government of Alberta has passed the Restoring Balance in Alberta’s Workplaces Act, which includes changes to employment standards rules. Changes to temporary layoffs, group termination and variances took effect August 15 and several other changes to employment standards rules take effect November 1. Fact sheets are available to help employers and employees understand the changes.
- Free online webinars will be offered soon with the first set covering the changes that took effect August 15: temporary layoffs, group termination and variances. Webinars covering changes taking effect on November 1 will also be available. Contact Employment Standards with questions about these changes and/or to sign up for Employment Standards updates.
REALM Project update: Round three test results
- On August 18, the REALM Project published the round three results of laboratory testing for the SARS-CoV-2 virus on library materials. More information and revised documentation will be shared in Friday’s update.
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities