Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- September delivery schedule
- Relais D2D starts tomorrow
- Expression of interest: Bulk purchase of webcams and/or headsets reminder
- Mental Health Wellness and Support recorded webinar
- Strengthening positive connections
September delivery schedule
- The van delivery schedule through to October 1 is now available online. Note: There are delivery changes for next week due to the statutory holiday on Monday, September 7. Please contact email@example.com if you have any changes, questions or concerns.
Relais D2D starts tomorrow
- Relais D2D, the new way to place interlibrary loans provincially, goes live tomorrow! A link will be added in TRACpac and shared on Facebook. If you would like a page added to your website with a description and video tutorial (preview), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expression of interest: Bulk purchase of webcams and/or headsets reminder
- YRL is exploring a bulk purchase of webcams with integrated microphones and headsets, similar to our purchase of medical grade keyboards and mice. We do not have exact models or prices at this time as we are still locating stock, but we anticipate them being approximately $50 for each item.
- Webcam: Wired webcam with integrated microphone. Perfect if you are using a computer that is not equipped with a webcam and/or microphone. Allows you to be seen and heard.
- Headset: On-ear, wired headset with noise-cancelling microphone. Ideal for recording audio and/or participating in online meetings where privacy is a must.
- Please complete this form by this Friday, September 4 if your library is interested in purchasing a webcam and/or headset.
Mental Health Wellness and Support recorded webinar
- Mental health concerns will directly impact one in every five people… and the remaining four will know a friend, family member, co-worker or acquaintance that struggles with their mental health. This 60-minute recorded webinar from the Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute (CTRI) explores factors affecting mental health, give participants a general overview of common adult mental illnesses and, most importantly, how to be a support. Watch
Strengthening positive connections
- What is of one of your favourite memories of a loved one? Try and think of one that has the power to help you feel calm, more secure, or just a little better about life. Find out more about staying positive along with three steps for strengthening positive connections in this CTRI blog post.
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities