Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- Beta testing new TRACpac app reminder
- YRL training opportunities/Coffee Chats
- Masks for Albertans update
Beta testing TRACpac app reminder
- Library managers/directors: Stephanie emailed you last Friday afternoon about beta testing the new TRACpac app. Please remember to confirm your library’s details and send us your thoughts about the app by this coming Tuesday, July 21.
YRL training opportunities/Coffee Chats
- YRL is pleased to offer the following online training sessions Coffee Chats for late July/August. These webinars are a great opportunity to learn something new, refresh your skills and (virtually) connect with staff and managers from across the Yellowhead region and beyond! Please note:
- Registration is free and all interested staff are welcome – please share this invitation widely in your organizations.
- The webinars are offered thru GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar – both can be used on your computer or device (for the best experience, audio and video should be enabled), or you can connect using your phone – email email@example.com for details.
- The training sessions will be recorded and posted on the YRL website for future viewing (Coffee Chats are not recorded).
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
- YRL Presents: The Bibliomaniacs! Introducing the Bibliomaniacs – a new learning series from YRL that will introduce you to the latest and greatest books! Do you love discovering new books to purchase or to recommend to your patrons? If you said yes, then this webinar is for you! Join YRL staff as they book talk the hottest new publications, read-alikes of popular titles and even some diamonds in the rough. From babies to adults you will discover something for every audience.
The content for the July and August sessions are NOT the same – each session will introduce you to a whole new series of books and resources for you to discover.
- Tuesday, July 28, 1:30–2:30 p.m. Register July 28
- Tuesday August 25, 1:30–2:30 p.m. Register August 25
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in Libraries: A Conversation Libraries have important work to do centering equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in our spaces and services. But what does that look like for your library and in your community? Join Laina Kelly (Librarian, Library Development Services, YRL) and Laura Winton (Manager, Bibliothèque de Beaumont Library) as they facilitate a conversation to explore how libraries can center EDI work, what that could look like, and how we get started.
In order to aid your understanding of the topic, some brief pre-reading will be distributed to registered participants prior to the conversation.
- Tuesday, August 11, 1:30–2:30 p.m. Register August 11
- YRL Coffee Chats Working from a distance doesn’t mean you can’t connect! Join YRL staff for a weekly coffee chat, where we answer any questions you may have, discuss projects you are working on, chat about what’s happening in your library, and (virtually) check in with how each of us are doing. Each coffee chat has a limit of 26 participants, so be sure to join the meeting early to secure your spot!
No registration is required for Coffee Chats – simply click on a meeting link and join us when you can! If you are accessing the Coffee Chat via your phone or tablet, add the GoToMeeting App.
Masks for Albertans update
- We are patiently waiting for the shipment of masks, bags and stickers to arrive – we hope to see them next week and will notify you when they do!
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Thank you and have a fantastic weekend!
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities