Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Project update: Round two test results *Best Practices revised*
- Relais staff training
- Masks for Albertans press release template
- Canadian library song
REALM Project update: Round two test results *Best Practices revised*
- The second round of tests had researchers looking at the longevity of the virus on paper, including braille, board books and magazines, in common heat and humidity and, different from the first round of tests, the items were stacked in a pile or shelved. The round two test results showed that the virus was undetectable at day four on these items except magazines, where it was still detectable on day four. Due to these findings, we have revised the YRL Best Practices – Library Reopening During a Pandemic document to increase the quarantine recommendation to 4-5 days, from 3-4 days. The Best Practices document is attached and on the YRL Blog.
Relais staff training
- The new provincial interlibrary loan (ILL) system will be going live this fall! Make sure you and your staff are ready for it by attending one of our Welcome to Alberta Relais: a new ILL experience webinars in August. Not able to make a live session? Session recordings and documentation will be posted on the YRL Staff Training Academy in late August.
- Tuesday, August 11, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Register
- Friday, August 21, 10:00-11:00 a.m. Register
Masks for Albertans press release template
- If you want to announce that masks are available at your library, use the attached Masks press release template. Just add the time and date as well as personalize it with your library’s information where indicated.
Canadian library song
- Thank you to Andrew from our YRL team for sharing this with us! Canadian musician John K. Samson put out the song Millennium for All earlier this year about supporting Canadian libraries, specifically the Millennium Library, Winnipeg Public Library’s main branch. Not only is it a nice gesture and worth sharing, it’s a good song too! He also has a bit about the advocacy aspect of the song on his website. Enjoy!
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities