Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- MAH survey statistics update
- Temporary layoff term extended
- COVID considerations for the home office
MAH survey statistics update
- YRL is compiling the data that will help libraries answer the MAH survey circulation, patrons, and wifi session questions. There is a lot of data to aggregate, so we appreciate your patience. We will send the link to the statistics – and update the YRL website as well – on Monday, July 6.
Temporary layoff term extended
- On June 26, the government passed the Pandemic Response Statutes Amendment Act, part of which extends the maximum time for temporary layoffs related to COVID-19 from 120 days to 180 days; more information is available online.
COVID considerations for the home office
- As more work continues to take place at home instead of the office, issues and complaints have started to emerge related to inappropriate employment practices at home. This Mondaq article talks about work from home policies, expectations and encouraging productivity.
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Thank you and have a fantastic weekend!
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities