Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- Statistics corrections
- Designing libraries for safety recorded webinar
- Building staff engagement webinar
- Leaders who may burn out
- MAH Survey: We have zeroed our your “non-catalogued” category line as we determined that the circulations were actually eBooks and eAudiobooks that did not have collection codes assigned to them. This would have been covered off in your eBooks line anyway, so no math is required.
- Monthly statistics: RBdigital statistics had been reporting cumulative checkouts as of February 2020. This has been fixed and all figures now accurately report monthly checkout activity. We apologize for the inconvenience if this affected your reporting.
Designing libraries for safety recorded webinar
- As libraries cautiously reopen the doors of their physical buildings to the public, minimizing risk from the COVID-19 pandemic to patrons and staff is top priority. Expert architects share design tips for how to use the building itself, and its furnishings, to reduce transmission, encourage social distancing, and get the library ready for its next phase while preserving flexibility for the long term in this 65-minute recorded webinar from Library Journal. Watch
Building staff engagement webinar
- Thursday, July 9, 11:00 a.m.: There is a direct relationship between high levels of vocational fulfillment and enhanced quality of service. In the 60-minute Charity Village webinar, Improving employee engagement: Using creativity, vocational fulfillment and your team’s collective wisdom to co-create community, you will learn strategies to help you tap into the capacity and creativity of your team members to create space for their unique contribution. You will explore mind-sets, approaches and tools that not only support the people in your organization but also become a source of self-discovery for you. Walking the talk is one of the most powerful ways to lead! Register
Leaders who may burn out
- Being too hands-off can be as stressful for leaders as being too engaged found a University of Alberta business study, says this folio article.
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities