Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- YRL Coffee Chat reminder
- TRACpac app survey
- Ancestry Library Edition update
- Copyright permissions extended
YRL Coffee Chat reminder
- Thursday, June 25, 1:30 p.m.: Join us for our weekly coffee chat.
NOTE: There is currently a maximum of 26 participants that are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
TRACpac app survey
- We heard great feedback about the new TRACpac app and its exciting new features – mobile self checkout and click-and-collect/curbside pickup. In order to prepare for the launch and get everyone set up, we’ve built a quick survey for library managers/directors to answer – only one response per library is needed. Please submit responses by Friday, July 3.
Ancestry Library Edition update
- Remote access of Ancestry Library Edition has been extended another month to July 31, 2020.
Copyright permissions extended
- Thank you to Kelly from Onoway Public Library for sharing this with us! Many librarians who are producing online Storytimes and other programs for children have been concerned about the June 30 expiration of many of the special permissions extended by publishers for use of their books in streamed and/or recorded events. Several publishers either offered a longer permissions period to begin with, or have recently extended their permissions through the summer. Check the COVID-19 Publisher Information Directory, a comprehensive list maintained by School Library Journal. In addition, Candlewick Press and Cottage Door Press do not state an expiration date, and Sleeping Bear Press/Cherry Lake Publishing Group is extended until August 31.
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities