Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- Government Courier update
- Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Project update: Second round of testing begins
- Optimize your energy with food
Government Courier update
- The tentative start date for Government Courier is Monday, July 20.
- If your library previously received Government Courier directly, check at your local drop-off location as items for your library may be delivered the week of July 20.
- More information on the YRL van run delivery schedule will be communicated next week.
REALM Project update: Second round of testing begins
- The results for the first round of testing for live COVID-19 virus on common library materials was released earlier this week. The second round of testing, set to conclude in late July, will include the following materials:
- Braille paper pages (closed in the book)
- Glossy paper pages (closed in the book)
- Magazine pages (closed in the magazine)
- Children’s board books (closed in the book)
- Archival folders (stacked together)
- The first round test results can be found on the REALM website and included in this project update is a listing of best practices/reopening plans from a variety of US libraries – most of which were used to inform the documentation sent out by YRL in April and May.
Optimize your energy with food
- Check out these five strategies to maintain healthy energy and improve productivity throughout the day.
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities