Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant
- Library services during a pandemic policy
- Alberta Library Trustees’ Association (ALTA) Zoom tutorial and Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Small, Rural, and Independent Libraries mini-conference
- 10 Days of Happiness program
Canada-Alberta Job Grant
- The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is a training program where an employer applies on behalf of their employee(s) for eligible training costs. Employers decide who gets training and what type of training may be needed for their employees. Eligible employers are required to contribute a minimum of one-third of the total training costs for existing employees. Government contributes two-thirds of the cost to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee per fiscal year. If hiring and training an unemployed Albertan, up to 100 per cent of training costs could be covered, up to $15,000 per trainee.
Library services during a pandemic policy
- The Town of Millet Library Board approved the attached three-phase reopening policy. Thank you to Jill at Millet Public Library for sharing this with us!
- More documents like this will be added to the Library Toolshed as they become available.
ALTA Zoom tutorial and AGM
- Saturday, June 6, 9:30 a.m., Zoom tutorial: Attend this webinar if you are new to using Zoom. Register
- Saturday, June 13, 9:30 a.m., AGM: View the meeting package and attend ALTA’s 49th annual general meeting. Register
Small, Rural, and Independent Libraries mini-conference
- Wednesday, June 17, 1:00-4:00 p.m.: The second Library 2.020 mini-conference will be held free online, and will focus on innovation and innovative thinking in rural, independent, tribal, and other small libraries – as well as the many unique challenges that they face – from a diverse array of keynote panelists and curated presenters. Register
10 Days of Happiness program
- The COVID-19 pandemic brings big challenges for our mental health, whether you’re isolating at home or trying to live with the new restrictions. 10 Days of Happiness is a free, 10-day online coaching program which guides you through daily actions for happier living, and can help you cope and find a little more happiness in these difficult times. Join
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities