from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- Public Library Services Branch (PLSB) update
- Cleaning versus disinfecting
- Statistics have been compiled and are available online.
- We added a new sheet called “Patrons” which has the numbers of patrons renewed and new patrons signed up, as well as the number of help questions that came through on the website forms.
- Fun fact – lots of new patrons checking stuff out! New patrons accessing eResources for the first time:
- OverDrive – 349 new YRL users (1,299 for all of TRAC)
- hoopla – 228 new YRL users
- cloudLibrary – 503 new users (across TRAC, not exclusive to YRL)
- You will likely have heard details about Alberta’s
- Public libraries will be considered in Phase Two
of the relaunch.
- Details will be shared as they become available.
Cleaning versus disinfecting
- The attached document, Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, provides guidance on cleaning and disinfecting of public settings including public libraries.
- The article How to Clean and Disinfect Yourself, Your Home, and Your Stuff has a lot of useful information including a section about cleaning versus disinfecting, as they are two very different things:
- “Cleaning is about removing contaminants from a surface.
- Disinfecting is about killing pathogens.”
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter
and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Thank you and I hope everyone is able to soak up some
sunshine this weekend!
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities