Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- Public Library Services Branch (PLSB) operating grant payments update
- The Alberta Library (TAL) update
- Key considerations for boards members
- YRL-recorded webinars
PLSB operating grant payments update
- As of May 5, all payments have been processed as shown in the attached chart. If you receive direct deposit, please check your accounts to make sure the funds are there. If you receive a cheque, they were put in the mail the morning of May 12, so they should get to you by the end of this week. Contact email@example.com if you have not received your cheque by May 22, to submit your grant application, or if you have inquiries about the grant or the grant process.
- By calculating the value of licensing through TAL, the overall consortia savings for TAL Opt-in licenses totaled over $2.25 million in 2019, not including savings from the TAL Public or Academic Cores. Individual reports for each TAL member will be distributed in the next few weeks.
- Contacted several suppliers of “sneeze guards” to see whether there was a role for TAL in buying them on behalf of members. Because they need to be individually fitted to your desk, and the vendors aren’t interested in offering a bulk discount, TAL will not be pursuing this.
Key considerations for board members
- The attached COVID-19 checklist offers guidelines from a legal perspective on health and safety, organizational support, costs and support programs, fundraising, and other steps for board members to consider.
- Library Development Services staff created an April-June 2020 Webinars playlist on YouTube for member library staff to view at their convenience. You can currently watch Collection Development 2.0 and Finding your Collection Gaps, and more will be added soon!
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities