Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
YRL Coffee Chat tomorrow (not Thursday)
NOTE: There is currently a maximum of 26 participants that are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
YRL weekly webinars
· Tuesday, May 26, 1:30-2:30 p.m.: Spruce Grove Public Library (SGPL) was providing virtual programming long before the pandemic hit. They have it down to an art! Next week’s webinar features SGPL staff discussing their best practices for delivering high quality, virtual programming. Register
· If you missed one or would like a refresher, recent webinars are on this YouTube playlist.
Ask the experts: What a “relaunch” means to municipal & community services
· AUMA posted last week’s 90-minute Ask the experts webinar on YouTube.
Is it safe to borrow library books?
· This reader-submitted question was in a CBC news article. Please note that Alberta-specific information will be forthcoming but this does underly the importance of libraries to quarantine materials and the need to communicate the same to their staff and patrons.
How to manage anxiety during COVID-19 – A guide for frontline workers
· This Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute blog post has five anxiety-reducing tips for frontline workers.
Thank you. We hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable long weekend!
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities