Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- Big news revealed!
- YRL webinars
- Year-end Processes – Reports, Important Dates and Rollover (Nov. 18)
- YRL Services to School Libraries (Nov. 25)
- Connecting with Indigenous Patrons (Dec. 9) *new*
- Revised TRACpac brochures
- Ernest (Ernie) B. Ingles Reading Room
- How to practice winter wellness
Big news revealed!
- We are elated to announce the new TRACpac app is live in both the Android and Apple stores! Download it now and let us know what you think at email@example.com.
- Wednesday, November 18, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Year-end Processes – Reports, Important Dates and Rollover: Join the Manager, Collections and Resource Sharing, for a ‘how-to’ when it comes to year-end processes. You will learn the cut-off dates for ordering, invoicing and fiscal year-end rollover at YRL, the reports you may want to run for collection development and auditing purposes, and other tips and tricks for ensuring your year-end processes go smoothly! Register
- Wednesday, November 25, 1:30-2:30 p.m., YRL Services to School Libraries: Are you a new or new-ish school librarian who wants to know more about the services that YRL offers to your school? Are you a long-term school librarian who would like a refresher or just a chance to connect with YRL and with your school librarian colleagues? Then join us for our first ever virtual webinar for YRL school libraries! During this session, we will be discussing how YRL can support you and your schools, including collections, programming and consultation support. Register
- Wednesday, December 9, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Connecting with Indigenous Patrons: Wondering what libraries or you personally as library staff can do to better serve your Indigenous patrons? This webinar will discuss what Indigenous Librarians think libraries and library staff can do to make your library more… Welcoming, Inclusive and Respectful for Indigenous patrons. Register
Revised TRACpac brochures
- Both TRACpac brochures – Tips and General Information for Library Customers and How to Place and Manage Hold Requests – have been revised and are available for download. These are perfect to print, tri-fold and provide to your patrons.
- Note: If you currently have printed copies of either brochure, please replace them with these updated versions.
Ernest (Ernie) B. Ingles Reading Room
- For more than two decades, Ernie Ingles was chief librarian of the University of Alberta, but his vision to make information available to all — student or not — embraced the entire country, particularly Western Canada. Read this UAlberta article to learn how two of his long-time friends have stepped forward to ensure lasting recognition of this visionary bibliophile.
How to practice winter wellness
- For many of us, winter can be a difficult time. Shorter days and colder temperatures can contribute to depression and social isolation as we hunker down at home. With the added stress of the pandemic, we may be looking ahead to winter with foreboding. Winter doesn’t have to be a time of unhappiness and stress. Read this blog post from the Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute for six ways to improve your winter outlook!
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter, and the updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities