Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update has information on conferences including:
- YRL annual conference
- Stronger Together virtual conference
- Collective Trauma Summit 2020
- Make the most of your virtual conference experience
YRL annual conference
- Some of you may have been holding this Friday, September 18 in your calendar for the YRL annual conference… go ahead and remove it from your calendar as our in-person event has transformed into the two-day Stronger Together virtual conference (see next bullet).
Stronger Together virtual conference
- Thursday-Friday, October 1 & 2: Jointly presented by Parkland Regional Library System, The Alberta Library, Peace Library System and YRL, this two-day online event features 41 great speakers, 4 keynote sessions, 24 conference sessions and 2 vendor panels. And best of all… it’s free to attend! Register
Collective Trauma Summit 2020
- Tuesday-Thursday, September 22-October 1: This 10-day online event will explore methods for working with unresolved and hidden trauma in individuals, communities and society. Discussions will explore the most pressing issues of our time such as racism, environment and climate change, global health care/pandemic crisis, war and conflict legacies, intergenerational trauma, and more. Learn from over 45 speakers, including Dr. Gabor Maté, on how to effectively identify and respond to collective trauma. Register
Make the most of your virtual conference experience
- An in-person conference and a virtual conference are not the same… but you can have a fantastic virtual conference experience with the right preparation. Read this timely Super Library Marketing blog post for six things you should do before a virtual conference even begins.
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities