Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- Virtual conferences: How to prepare and what to do afterward
- Group benefit plans for libraries
- Alberta Urban Municipalities Association (AUMA) conversation with the Minister of Municipal Affairs
- Wellness Strategies for the Helping Professional recorded webinar
Virtual conferences: How to prepare and what to do afterward
- The Stronger Together virtual conference is tomorrow and Friday, and this timely Super Library Marketing blog post contains six things you should do to prepare before a virtual conference even begins, followed by this blog post about what to do post-conference.
Group benefit plans for libraries
- YRL is often asked about how libraries and library boards can provide employee group benefits for their library staff. As a result of these past questions, we are passing along the following information for your library’s use. If you or your board are investigating employee group benefit plans for your library staff, we have heard of a plan offered by Navigate Financial Group Ltd. that has library specific group benefit plans. As noted in promotional material: “Known as the Alberta Libraries Benefits program (ALBP), the idea is to offer cost effective employee benefits programs to like minded libraries around the province. It has pre-negotiated terms with multiple insurers that allows it to offer perks, discounts, rate guarantees and annual donations back to the participating libraries. The donation is based on a percentage of the benefits premium paid and it will be given to each participating library upon renewal.” If you wish further information, please contact Brian Ross, Senior Benefits Advisor at Brian.Ross@navfingroup.com, 1.866.628.5628. NOTE: This is not an endorsement of this company by YRL.
AUMA spotlight on Minister of Municipal Affairs
- AUMA recently had a conversation with the Honourable Tracy Allard, Minister of Municipal Affairs, to discuss areas of key interest to urban municipalities and to discern some little-known facts about the Minister, including what book she is currently reading.
Wellness Strategies for the Helping Professional recorded webinar
- Helping professionals and essential workers are part of the frontline for protecting the physical, mental, and emotional health of our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Helpers who continue to do their jobs are also managing their own personal safety concerns, which means they are juggling multiple layers of stressors, impacts, and competing demands. This 50-minute Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute recorded webinar explores unique factors impacting the well-being and resilience of helpers during the pandemic. Strategies for protecting, healing, and maintaining wellness and resilience for those in a wide variety of helping roles will be provided.
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter, and the updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
You won’t get an update from us this Friday due to the conference, but we’ll be back with another update on Monday, October 5.
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities