The Public Library Services Branch (PLSB) of Alberta Municipal Affairs has been working to support library boards during the pandemic. To date, we have sent out the following communications to library board chairs and library managers:
- “Public Library Pandemic Response: Frequently Asked Questions” – Emailed March 21, 2020
- “Public Library Pandemic Response: E-Content Resources and Virtual Service Supports” – Emailed March 30, 2020
- “10 Simple Ways to Make your Document More Accessible” – Emailed March 30, 2020
- “Public Library Pandemic Response: Library Board Governance During the COVID-19 Outbreak” – Emailed April 6, 2020
- Email sent on best practices regarding curbside delivery services including advice from the Provincial Operations Centre and information on book sanitation developed by PLSB in Manitoba – Emailed April 14, 2020
As well, the National Network of Equitable Library Service (NNELS) Accessibility Testing Team has created accessible versions of COVID-19 charts and graphs. Please visit the COVID-19: Accessible Information page. You may want to bookmark this page, as it will be updated frequently.
If you have not received any of the above communications, please let us know and we can send it to you. Also, PLSB staff are working from home and are available to answer any questions you may have.
You can contact the Public Library Services Branch by phone at 780-427-4871 (toll free by dialing 310-0000 first), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at albertalibraries.ca.