Message from Karla Palichuk, YRL Director.
This update includes information on:
- YRL webinar: Collection Development 2.0
- Public Library Services Branch (PLSB) operating grants update
- Alberta Occupational Health and Safety/Employment Standards (OHS/ES) eNews
YRL webinar: Collection Development 2.0
- Tuesday, April 28, 1:30-2:30 p.m.:
Level up your collection development skills! YRL offers several
selection tools that you can use to build your collection in both
breadth and depth. Move beyond ordering from Amazon and join us for a
introduction to our favourite selection tools for all areas of your
library collection. Intended for library managers and any library staff
members who do selection for the library. Register
PLSB operating grants update
public library boards in the province will automatically be receiving
an advance of 50 per cent of their provincial operating grant and system
library boards will also be receiving 50 per cent of their library
services grant (see the attached letter from Minister Kaycee Madu). Here
are some logistical details:
- To see the total amount that your municipal library board is eligible to receive, click here.
- Your 50 per cent installment will be half of those total amounts.
- We anticipate the first 50 per cent installment to be reaching library boards in the second or third week of May.
second 50 per cent installment will be released in the fall, after your
grant application has been processed and approved for payment.
can access the grant application form, as well as our templates for the
financial review, budget and direct payments, on our website.
help speed up processing, if you deposited some or all of your
2019-2020 operating grant after December 31, 2019, please include a
deposit slip (or other proof of deposit) with your grant application, as
it will not show up in your 2019 financial reviews.
- Please email your grant applications to email@example.com. Unfortunately, we can no longer accept faxed applications.
note that the website and documentation still list the deadline of June
15 right now (we are working to update it) but the revised deadline for
2020-2021 is October 1st. If you are unable to meet the Oct 1
deadline because of working remotely etc., you will still be paid your
second installment when we receive your documentation.
you have already sent in your full grant application, thank you. We
will be processing grants over the summer as we usually do, and will
have as many as possible ready for payment in the fall so there is no
- If the pandemic situation continues into the fall, we will re-evaluate the situation to get you your second grant payment.
- If you still receive your grant by mail and have concerns about this, please contact Jen Anderson directly.
Alberta OHS/ES eNews
- See the latest news from Alberta OHS/ES in the attached PDF.
You can follow YRL on Facebook and Twitter and our updates are posted on the YRL Blog.
Thank you and have a great weekend!
Yellowhead Regional Library
780.962.2003 x226 | www.yrl.ab.ca
Strong Libraries—Strong Communities