When renewing your ALTA membership please use your existing online profile. Each Library Board or System has one admin member profile and separate profiles for each trustee. Your membership renewal notification is sent to the admin email address. Only the admin has access to renew your ALTA Membership. Click here to see who your membership admin is.
*Tip* You can change your admin. Your admin can update your membership and pass on the admin responsibilities to any other trustee or library Manager. Please ensure this done if the admin is staff and they are leaving their position or is a trustee who will be leaving the board.
Annual Membership Fee’s for Library Boards & Systems
Please note there will be a 5% Cheque handling fee or a 2.5% Credit card handling fee added to all membership payments.
- Serving 1 – 200 people – $48
- Serving 201 – 5,000 people – $90
- Serving 5,001 – 20,000 people – $150
- Serving 20,001 – 100,000 people – $300
- Serving 100,001 – 250,000 people – $600
- Serving more than 250,000 people – $720
Annual Membership Fees for individual trustees / or supporters
- Past Trustee – $35
- Supporter – $50
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO RENEW …
If you are the existing Admin of your Board/System
- On the top of the page, click the Login button. Enter your registered email and profile password. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Lost Password” link and follow the instructions.
- Once you are logged in, you can click My Profile at the top of the page.
- Click “My Invoices” under your profile picture.
- To add a form of payment click “Payment Method”. Here you can add a credit card as a payment method.
- Once you have at least one payment method you can pay online invoices. Navigate to “Board Invoices”, click the pending invoice for the current renew year. You will see a option to pay on the.
- Once you confirm payment with your payment method your done! We will send a receipt to your email address as well as a record for you to see in your Board’s Invoices.
If you have lost access of your Board’s admin profile but you have access to your own profile.
- Go to the Contact Us page to send us an email so we can pass the Admin position over to your account. We might need to verify this before we proceed. Once you have Admin rights you can see all of the Boards past Invoices.
- Once Step 1 is complete. Go to step 1 of “If you are the existing Admin.”
If you have lost access of your Board’s admin profile AND you do not have your own profile AND your Board’s Membership is expired
- Click Member Registration on the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to set up your profile.
- On the second tab, choose Register a Board. Once you have filled out your Board’s Name and leave that field, you should see a notification that your Board exists. Click renew board.
- On the third and final tab, choose to pay by cheque or credit card. Once you have filled the appropriate fields and clicked ‘Submit Payment’ you will be sent to your new Profile and automatically set as the NEW Admin of the Board!
- Go to My Invoices to see your receipt, there will also be one sent to your given email.